Lovewell Mountain via Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway

Lovewell Mountain via Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway is a 4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Washington, NH that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and backpacking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Note: Going in from this direction, Halfmoon Pond Road turns into a class VI road for the last half-mile or so, and there's a large, protruding rock near the start and many very deep puddles. My Corolla just barely had the clearance (and not for the large rock!).

This trail is a nice mix of climbing, descending, and flat (all in the same direction) with great views at the top. I believe the two fire towers to the north and northeast are Cardigan and Kearsarge, respectively.

My mapping app put this at 4.86 miles, not 4.0.

I bushwacked this trail from my friends remote cabin on ayers pond rd in east Washington. it was difficult and I was supposed to join the trail almost at the top but my gps showed the trail in the wrong spot. I eventually found it and made it to the top. Ive been going to that cabin for years and new I had to do lovewell. when I got to the top, I wasn't disappointed. I enjoyed the views, signed the log book and headed back down

This particular piece of the Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway ascends Lovewell Mountain.

This was one highlight of the MSG for us. It was slippery when wet and foggy at the top but we saw a few mountains poking up through the fog.

The moss and trees made us feel like we were at a much higher elevation in the White Mountains. We remarked as we passed through that this would be a nice place to return to on a day hike.

The trail was beautifully maintained with amazing views along the way! We hiked from the road to Lake Solitude! I would definitely recommend this hike for both beginner and experienced hikers! Experience hikers can continue on to the summit for more of a challenge and the beginners who may not choose to continue still get the gratification of making it to the look out point and then the lake! My 5 and 9 year old loved it!

Hike destination: Lovewell Mountain(2,400'), which from the Half Moon Pond Rd. trailhead, is a 4.6 mile out and back easy to moderate hike with a 925' elevation gain. The trail begins on a rough jeep road marked by white blazes which ascends gradually for .9 miles, then heads off to the left and continues for 1.4 miles to the summit. The white blazes and nicely built cairns near the ridge mark the trail well. Several wonderful views at summit.