Mount Monadnock Loop

Mount Monadnock Loop is a 3.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Jaffrey, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from May until November.

Scenic views, long sweeping rocky ridge. Mt Monadnock is reputed to be one of the most hiked mountains in the world with over 125,000 people climbing it every year. The trails are very steep in places and rocky. The views are ok but there are few mountains to make the views truly exciting.

Fantastic hike! Beautiful views! Once above the tree line it's a bit of a rock scramble, it's great!

Red Spot to summit and back down white cross. Lots of ice and snow on the ground. A great climb and not a lot of folks, which was nice.

Great New Hampshire hike! Incredible views!

I wasn't able to make it to the summit so I did this alternative. My pack was just too heavy with the camera equipment at 45 lbs for a fall day hike on high traffic trail. Near the top my boots did not provide enough grip on the crumbling granite.

I hiked this one today! It was so crowded. Cross trial is the easiest!

I liked it I thought it was pretty foliage was nice but it was so unbelievably crowded and someone was flying a drone which was disrupting! Pretty mountain but not quite what I'm looking for when I want to be in the great outdoors! Also it was not particularly "hard" for someone who is athletic or into hiking.. it would be better rated at Medium

Very busy but great hike

Starting before 8:00 AM was an excellent decision; the trails were becoming crowded with hikers as we finished our last half-mile. We started on the White Dot Trail, then turned left onto the White Cross Trail, which eventually rejoined the White Dot Trail near the top. We then hiked down the Pumpelly Trail to Cascade Link, which we followed all the way back to the White Dot Trail and the bottom.

It was challenging in a good way, but completely doable. The terrain was varied and the trails were well marked. Wonderful views on the way up and on the way down.

Very crowded very beautiful day. White dot seems more like a line to a Disney ride than it does a hike but still quite challenging for this noob hiker. The second two thirds on Pumpelly and Cascade were much more peaceful, even tho I got lost off trail two times. Some beautiful rock pools atop the ridge and views for miles in all directions. It is like a stand-alone mountain and very impressive looking from below for only 3100 feet.

Great day hike with some challenging areas.

Love this one! White dot is the way to go- for a quick, steep summit challenge. Great to see so many young people on the trails but would be nice if headphones were used rather than their blaring blue tooth speakers! Opted for an easier route down -the white cross!