Middle Sister Trail

Middle Sister Trail is a 8.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Conway, NH that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Conway, NH: Travel south on SR 16 about 5 miles passing through the tiny burg of Albany. Enter White Ledge Campground. Begin on Carter Ledge Trail and hike it approximately 1 mile to the intersection with Middle Sister Trail.

Beautiful morning....the hike was great ,trail marked well. I made it to the top in a reasonable time it was quite windy. The view was nothing shy of amazing. My only problem was I was met by a bear upon my descent which I had to be still for a bit until I could make my way by safely ,otherwise I would highly recommend this hike....The trail I took was Carter Ledge Trail.....I found it to be a fairly challenging trail

A trail that doesn't see a lot of traffic for there are shorter and easier ways up. If your looking for an alternative to the crowds this is a good option. 3.6 miles from the trail start to the summit of middle sister. (Trial begins 1 mile in from carter ledge trail head in the white ledge camp ground) easy grade for the first 2 miles and then climbs steeply to summit. A better return if you went up carter ledge trail from white ledge camp ground.