Middle Sister Trail

Middle Sister Trail is a 8.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Conway, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Conway, NH: Travel south on SR 16 about 5 miles passing through the tiny burg of Albany. Enter White Ledge Campground. Begin on Carter Ledge Trail and hike it approximately 1 mile to the intersection with Middle Sister Trail.

November 22, 2016 (descent): We started from the junction with the Piper Trail. The trail ascends, slightly, up to the old tower on Middle Sister. The trail, though somewhat hard to see, descends behind the radio tower. It is steep and rocky for the next stretch to the Carter Ledge Trail. This trail appears to have been neglected for some time.

Beautiful morning....the hike was great ,trail marked well. I made it to the top in a reasonable time it was quite windy. The view was nothing shy of amazing. My only problem was I was met by a bear upon my descent which I had to be still for a bit until I could make my way by safely ,otherwise I would highly recommend this hike....The trail I took was Carter Ledge Trail.....I found it to be a fairly challenging trail

A trail that doesn't see a lot of traffic for there are shorter and easier ways up. If your looking for an alternative to the crowds this is a good option. 3.6 miles from the trail start to the summit of middle sister. (Trial begins 1 mile in from carter ledge trail head in the white ledge camp ground) easy grade for the first 2 miles and then climbs steeply to summit. A better return if you went up carter ledge trail from white ledge camp ground.