Lockes Hill Trail

Lockes Hill Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Gilford, NH that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I would call this Moderate to easy. Lovely even in the rain

Great views

Great hike with the dogs, nice relaxing rest spot about midway with fantastic views

Fabulous for our kids and dog. The telescopes were a hit with the kids along with the rock seats. Beautiful view!

Good trail with good views.

Great little hike!

Brought my dog and the walk through the woods is beautiful and she had no problems. The view is good not great. I took the lakeside trail down and stopped along the way to view the lake. Nice and easy trail. Will do again.

Great "bang for the buck." Views not quite as spectacular as Mt. Major, but really great, nonetheless. Really good with kids - don't even need hiking shoes.

Quick, instantly gratifying hike. On one side you have a lake vista, the other side is a green, hilly, vista. I suggest heading up to the right first (when facing the trail head mailbox.) The beginning is the steepest part, and it mellows quickly. Coming down the other way is easier on the knees (if you are knee-sensitive like me.)

Good trail, well marked and distinguishable, great views of the lake near the top.

Great hike with natural stone Adirondacks to enjoy the view.

Nice Veiws

Not too bad for a late hike after a long week of working. Started later than expected but what done before dark. Trails are marked, but cautious of leaves on rocks. A few slippery areas on the trail. Scenic at the top. Enjoyed the short hike.

Good for an evening hike, decent for trail running a tiny bit rocky in areas but otherwise manageable to run. Good for inexperienced hikers

I wasn't able to do the whole loop due to boot issues. But I did go up the Lakeview Trail and the views were amazing for such little work.

Good trail with great views and easy car access. I led a group of very inexperienced hikers up the quarry trail on a 40 degree December day with about 6 inches of snow on the ground and they found it to be challenging but doable. However we had to do an out and back because the top was not well marked and we could not find the suggested trail down especially in the snow. Took us 2 hours but could easily be done in one by an experienced hiker.