Liberty Trail

Liberty Trail is a 6.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Conway, NH that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and backpacking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Gorgeous hike, seeing the summit for the first time was breath taking.

This is not a hike for kids, it is a fairly grueling hike.
The trail has lots of steep/rocky inclines, we had to stop and rest multiple times while hiking it. There are some nice level parts or gentle slopes to the trail, so it's not all uphill hiking. The trail is well defined, we had no problems following it. It is a very beautiful trail to hike and well worth all the work.

Once you go past to the Cabin there are several steep/ rocky places you have to climb to gain the summit. The summit trail is marked with faded spray paint arrows and some cairns, so it is not as easy to discern where the summit trail is at times.

Awesome hike. be advised, there are not many flat areas on trail. You are climbing through most of 8 miles. I took my wife who has minimal hiking experience and she was not able to summit. I did not want to leaver her and summit. we will be back once she gains more experience!

Great trail. The cabin is cool to see. I think it's haunted as our dog refused to go inside and cried the whole time I was inside. Made a loop with Brook Trail after going to the summit.

Avery nice gradual ascent to the top takes about 2 hours 3.9 miles. Not many views until you are near the Jim Liberty Cabin. The Brook trail is a nice combination to make a loop, though it is much steeper near the summit. It takes about 2 hours to go down. Hiked it on 8/8/12 and saw no other hikers on the way down.

Nice Trail. Hiked in the fall on a beautiful day. All alone at the top!

One of the easier trails on Chocorua and less traveled than Champney and Piper. One of the direct routes to the Jim Liberty cabin.