Indian Head Trail

Indian Head Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln, NH that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Great views, a little rough in spots due to a lot of roots and wet leaves because of the time of year. Trail was closer to 5 miles but still an amazing hike.

Harder than I thought it would be! Fairly well marked trail, would like to see brighter tree markers. In the fall, leaf coverage makes trail a little hard to follow. Steady incline, roots and rocks most the way. Near end, very steep climb when you're most tired but view of the pemi valley up top is very nice.

There are two trails to reach summit, I took the "yellow" from trailhead parking in rte 3 near the Indian head resort. The blue trail, I understand is from the flume parking lot. Two trails means you may enjoy a solitary quiet hike up, but more people at the top can be annoying!

Harder than I expected. Good trail but lots of roots for most of it. Pretty steep towards the top, a jumble of rocks.
I went with my 10 year old daughter and it took us about 4 hours round trip but we spent a good half hour on the summit to eat lunch. Great views once there.

Great short hike. Took us 2.5 hours with a 15minute break at the summit. No bouldering involved so low skill level needed. Steep climbs near summit. Views are amazing and well worth the climb. Dog friendly saw many people with dogs recommend a leash, steep drop off ledges at the summit. Muddy at spots so bring bug spray and wear good gripping shoes

What a view on the top!!! It was tougher than I expected (but it was a very warm day!)... but it worth it! My 2 chihuahuas did the trails but we took the time because there was a lot of roots and rocks... but we did it! Highly recommend!

Hiked beginning of November 2014 , it was a good trail.

A little tougher than I expected but well worth it!

Difficult at the end, but the view is well worth it!

Really nice hike, a little more difficult than I was expecting but still worth it. Not very crowded and wonderful summit views. Wish views towards Lafayette were more visible. Note that you follow yellow markers until closer to the summit and then it changes to blue.

My first solo hike of the season. This was a great trail. Trail markers were helpful. I followed the yellow markers most of the way and then towards the top they were blue and another trail must have converged. I only ran into 9 hikers on my way up and only 8 at the top. Beautiful views at the top. Enjoyed a nice hike down, stopping to take photos and enjoying the sounds of the babbling waterfalls.

Starts out as a nice warmup and then gets quite steep at the top. Great views all along the way with a spectacular view from the top.

The view is spectacular! The trail is tricky.

Easy to find parking area. Trail starts off easy then gets pretty steep for the rest of the way up. Amazing view at the top!!

Good parking off of rt.3. Woods trail follows a brook for a while and passes under i93 a couple times. Trail gradually steepens, the steepest part being the last .25 or so. Summit is very open with ledges on all sides. Views are marginal and if you bring kids or dogs, keep them on a short leash, most of the ledges are sheer drops, 100-200ft. USE CAUTION!!!