Hancock Loop Trail

Hancock Loop Trail is a 9.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lincoln, NH that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, camping, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a fun loop trail to two 4,000 foot peaks in New Hampshire. There aren't any crazy great views but you'll get glimpses towards the Tripyramids, Carrigain of each mountain from the others summit.

We hiked the Hancock Loop starting at the Kancamangus Hairpin parking lot. I am not a pro by any means but I have hiked 11 4,000 footers, so not a noob either. This is def not "moderate". I would rate it moderate to strenuous. We started at 0815 and knocked off the initial mileage at 20 mins per mile until the Hancock peak split. We went up the North peak first. This was pretty brutal. But glad we did, because leading up to the north peak is a sharp descent which I didn't want to have to face on my way back. The 1.4 mile connector between the north and south peaks was more or less straightforward. The descent from the South Peak was tricky. Lots of loose rocks and slipping and sliding going on. We got back to the parking lot around 2:15 (6 hours round trip).
All in all, doable hike, but on the strenuous side. Probably not a good idea to do this in inclement weather. I deducted a point for the wooded peaks, but the outlooks on each somewhat made up for it.

A really pleasant trail, very picturesque on the way in as it parallels a river for a while. Some good views from ledges near the summits. Fairly easy for the distance if you go up the north peak first, as most of the elevation gain happens over a very short section of trail.

Summited both, started raining on the way down and broke my iPhone, lost the pictures.