Guinea Pond Trail

Guinea Pond Trail is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Center Sandwich, NH that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October.

Fun moderate hike. Need insect repellent. Need waterproof shoes. Need long pants. About 45 mins in on Guinea Pond Trail (because of go around) another 60 mins. up to Mt Israel on Mead Trail at most.

A friend and I were excited to explore the old logging rail trail that used to make it's way up into the mountains. Unfortunately however, we found a rather large beaver dam pond at the Northwest corner of the track and ended up turning around, I didn't want to get too much water into the bearings on our bikes. I suspect that the pond could be traversed if you are a bit more daring than I am, it was only 10-15 feet across. It was otherwise a fun adventure with lots of varying weather from sun to torrential downpour and back to sun, gotta love the White Mountains. Sandwich Notch Road was passable with my Mazda 3, but it was a stressful drive as we dodged the potholes and crawled over the rocks.