Great Gulf Trail

Great Gulf Trail is a 14.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gorham, NH that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Dolly Copp Campground,: Travel past the campground entrance (Dolly Copp Road) to the very end. Begin on Gulf Link Trail and hike about 1 mile to Great Gulf Trail.

Like the last reviewer said, it's not the best trail in New Hampshire. What I like about it is where it puts you. The Great Gulf Wilderness has a campsite that makes a great base-camp that is a starting-point for a few summit climbs. The river is close to the site and allows for cooking and cleaning. All in all the trail serves a great purpose, which I have utilized 3 times in order to reach some of the peaks.

I hiked this trail about 30 years ago and remembered smelling the river for a long way. This time I did not notice it. It is not the best scenery in all New Hampshire but the are some good views and I never saw anyone else on the trail.