Gonic Trails

Rochester, NH
Gonic Trails is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rochester, NH that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

We had a really hard time at this trail. trails are not clearly marked and it says the trails are good for biking but where ever we ended up, unless you are a professional mountain biker there is no way you can get up and down some of those hills, so we ended up pushing and pulling our bikes up and down about 10 hills, not fun. And we got lost because of the lack of markings on the trail, what should have been maybe two miles and about 45 min took us 2 hours and dumped us onto the main road, no where near where we parked. Very frustrating!

Nice easy hike. Quite a few people there on a Thursday morning. Well-marked trails and points of interest.

Fun walk. Nice little waterfall. Grab a map so that you can pick your trail. Dog friendly. Kid friendly.

It is a great hike for beginners, I think my only issue with the trails is how infrequent some of the trails are marked.There are markers and you can easily get back on track but at one point my friend and I got lost on the yellow trail because for a good 20 minutes there were no markers on the trail.

The yellow route is over 4 miles there and back.

Trail was well marked and loved the waterfall. My 13 week old pup loved it.

Very simple beautiful trail!

Great little trail... A few options and a lovely waterfall to see. Will definitely go again, our dogs loved it!

Great Hike! Went with my dog. Amazing trails and water views.

Very nice
Even with children

Nice easy trail, great views of the waterfall. Close to the seacoast.

Very nice.

My husband and I out of the blue decided that we have to go hiking every week and we hit Gonic trails our first week. Very basic, family and pet friendly trails. I wouldn't go here again. But would definitely recommend for any beginners like us. If you are going here please don't leave your pets or kids in the water!

Very nice area. Took the Yellow trail along the river to the small falls then hooked up with the red trail to go back to the parking area. Total of about 1.6 miles. Really nice walk. Will go back again to go all the way down the yellow trail and also do the blue trail at some point.