Edmands Path Trail

Edmands Path Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Twin Mountain, NH that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Directions from US 3 north of I-93, NH: Travel US 3 east to where it intersects with US 302. Take US 302 east for several miles to where it forks with Base Road. Travel Base Road to Mt. Clinton Road. Turn right (south) onto Mt. Clinton Road and travel about 2 miles to the trailhead which is on the left (east). Stay on Base Road and travel 1 more mile to the trailhead on the north side of the road.

The first 15 minutes is very easy and then it's steep from there. I put my spikes about 1 mile from the summit, although one hiker didn't put spikes on at all. The sky was crystal clear so I had great views of Washington, Monroe, and Jefferson and could see for miles past! The cairns on the summit were amazing!! Fairly windy up top, so you might want face gear if you want to last more than 10 minutes at the summit. The trail was moderately trafficked and it took me 2.5 hours to go up and 1.5 hour to get down. (I ran down pretty much).

Fun trail. Was a bit slippery after the alpine zone started. Top was great though. I'm fat and kind of in shape so "hard" sounds about right. I did have feelings of "I'm not sure I can make it" about a third of the way in but that may have been me working through the pitcher of beer and pizza from the night before. Overall a lot of fun

Always a great hike. 360 views

climbed this trail on a day with rain/clouds. it is never steep with moderate good footing. the trail was !muddy and wet on some parts especially near the top where there is a small waterfall. after this portion the trail levels out and had lots of standing water until the ridge. the last .7 wasn't too difficult to Eisenhower although there was plenty of running water on the trail. we were lucky and had a brief opening of the clouds to check a view north towards my franklin. this hike was pretty easy but do not under estimate the variable weather for that last .7 I could see how it would be easy to get disoriented up there.

The 3-4 hour hike to the summit never gets that steep but it is relentless. The trek is well worth it, though and even on a misty Fall day the views were quite spectacular.

May 1st, Beautiful spring day for a hike, in a tank top all day! Easy at first but the last mile was still very snowy and I missed my snowshoes that we decided to leave in the car. Followed moose tracks almost the way up Edmunds Path, both the moose and us we're post holing like crazy! Ridge line was beautiful and snowless with views of Washington and the northern presidentials. Quick hour and half decent, awesome day hike, only a little sore the next day!

This trail provides easy access to the southern Presidentials. After a brief section of flat hiking near the trailhead, the trail ascends on easy to moderate slopes throughout. The grade is never steep contains very little rocky terrain. The grade is very constant, making this trail an outstanding descent route from a N-S traverse of the Presidentials. The trail gains roughly 2000 ft of elevation below treelike, then joins Crawford Path and Eisenhower Loop at the ridge, providing access to Eisenhower (.25 mi and 700 vert. ft. S. ) or Munroe (1.5 mi and 1400 vert. ft. N. ). Very crowded and very buggy. Plan an early morning to avoid both :)