Champney Falls Trail

Champney Falls Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Conway, NH that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Conway, NH: Travel 11.5 miles west on Kancamagus Highway (SR 112) to a parking area. Trail begins there.

When we went it was close to a drought so the falls were pretty much dried up.  The trail is alright, not to difficult, but it's hard to know when you've reached the end point, at least when it is dry.  Our 3 mile round trip did not deliver as expected but people say that it's nice when it's full.  It is a pretty secluded trail so just be aware of that too.

Well-trafficked, moderate effort trail. We never went very long without running into others (mid-afternoon on a Saturday in Oct). The description says that it is an out-and-back, but it does feature a small loop. The first half of the trail was on the easier side, but became a little more strenuous once you hit the loop. We went left at the loop (which I would recommend) since we wanted to keep an eye on the brook. The left side seemed steeper than the left and featured a huge set of stone stairs but it was well worth it to see the gorge on the way up. Definitely go off the trail a little to check out the top of the waterfall! The water level was on the lower side when we went.

did this trail in 2014, low water level in october, but beautiful day, well indicated

Nice hike, sweet views of the falls

Nice hike...we did it in the winter . The fall was icy and just beautiful.....

Good first hike for a couple of novices in some time. Will go back again.

what a view from the top, but a great hike.

This is not really a review because we didn't actually get to hike the trail since it is closed for repairs. I traveled over an hour away with my dog to hike it but unfortunately it was closed because the bridge got damaged during a flood. Thank goodness there were many other trails to choose from since we were in the White Mountains. I just thought I would post for anyone who is traveling from far away to hike this trail. It was closed at the end of July, so it may still be closed for repairs.

Tough, fun, beautiful. Sorry to miss the falls!

What a great day! Pouring when we set out from the trail head. The sun came out as we were sitting on the summit.

Great trail, pretty simple. The waterfall is amazing, I took my two young girls and they loved it. There are some stairs you have to climb to get to the top but it's not bad. It's about 1.6 miles to the waterfall, and if your up for it, another 2.1 miles to the summit. The kids did not want to do that.

A bit rainy today but still a great hike, be prepared to use those leg muscles once at the falls!

A great trail! You can hear the beautiful falls during most of the ascent.

Good destination hike that runs parallel to the stream offering pleasant background sound. The falls offered a nice finish though not too large. Trail could be marked more effectively in couple spots so be aware.

Beautiful views

Great hike along scenic trail next to the river. I was surprised that there was not more damage to the trail from tourists as the parking lot was full during Memorial Day weekend. This would be a great route if you wanted to summit Chocorua from this side. The Falls were rather small and I was surprised because you would figure after The Rains of April and May the water would be abundant. Still a beautiful finish at The Falls.

Note to you tourists and part-time hikers: You are not supposed to start fires in undesignated areas and if you eat a Mounds bar take your wrapper with you!