Cat Hole Road

Cat Hole Road is a 8 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Newport, NH that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

8.0 miles Point to Point

old growth

I hiked this today with my 6 year old and 20 month old son (he was in a pack). It was a nice hike and good distance. I actually drove to the top of Cornish TPK and walked from there. It was still around 3-4 miles up and down. It's not the hardest hike I've done but I wouldn't rate it as easy. My daughter thoroughly enjoyed it and found a ton of orange salamanders that she released at Chapin Pond. Basically you stay straight/to the left on the trail which is an ATV trail and eventually across from the fenced in area is a very obvious trail that leads left. If you go down there you will arrive at the beautiful pond. The downside is that it is not well marked for Chapin Pond but you shouldn't miss it. Great spot for a picnic lunch!

Mainly this is snowmobile and atv trail system but all hikers bikers walkers and shoe-ers are able to use these trails they just ask that you yield to the riders and STAY AWARE!!!