Bondcliff Trail

Bondcliff Trail is a 22.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln, NH that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

Phisically a moderate hike in the sense that acept for a couple of spots the hike is easy but long. I packed in the night before to burn the fist five miles but to do it again .I would loose the weight and run in the day of. Great views worth the trip

We did this as part of the Pemi Loop and camped at the base of Bondcliff (200 ft off trail as required by WMNF). It's a flat walk along the river for a few miles into this trail and this trail is pretty challenging switchbacks up to Bondcliff but the views are well worth it! The ridge to Mount Bond is absolutely beautiful.

Note that the suspension bridge is no longer there over the East Branch of the Pemigewasset River so you'll want to take the Lincoln Wood Trail to access this trail. The second crossing of the Black Brook is the last sure water source.

most difficult backpacking trip yet.

Did this out and back in August 2015. We started at 7:30am and got back to parking lot at 8pm. Long day (20+ miles) We started from Lincoln woods trailhead and did Bondcliff and Mount Bond. We spent too long on top of both of these taking pictures/relaxing to be able to make it over to West Bond and back down to Lincoln woods before nightfall, will have to plan better if we do this one again.

Overall from Lincoln woods parking lot trailhead it's basically a flat 20 foot wide dirt road for first 3 miles until you get to the bridge, then still flat but less wide (4-6 feet) path for the next 2 miles until you make the left turn to head up Bondcliff trail. This is where the hike starts actually heading uphill, and is considerably more narrow. If you really want to cut down on this hike, I would bike the first 3 miles and lock up your bikes just past the bridge.

There is one easy "scramble" up near the summit of Bondcliff but nothing crazy at all. View on top of Bondcliff is probably top 3 view in NH. I personally like that this hike is less trafficked than say Lafayette or the Presidential range. Mount Bond also has a decent view, although obstructed on one side because of trees. But honestly, once you have been to top of Bondcliff, Mount Bond is nothing special.

If I were to do it again I think starting from the other side and hitting west bond first, mount bond, and then Bondcliff to end the hike is the way to go (save the best view for last), although I don't know off hand how far in from a trailhead it is to "start" with west bond.

We hiked to Bondcliff via the Zealand Trail. The views from Bondcliff were amazing. See link for photos.

Very hard! This was however my first overnight hike. We were attempting the three peaks. We only made it to Bondcliff. If your inexperienced I recommend either starting in the afternoon and camping at the base of the mountain after the the flats and going up early the next day. However we did find a stealth site very close to the alpine zone that was well used only because one of had to use the bathroom and realized that it would work just fine. We almost did not summit until we found that sight. We were able to set up camp leave the packs and finish up. We are as opposed to other hikers slow though. So most fit and experienced hikers probably have no problem going up and down in enough time.
We are experienced day hikers with our dogs at about a dozen or so 8 mile day hikes.
But important for you to know that while this trail is dog friendly just past the alpine zone is a very tough rock scramble that is more of a climb that our malamute's could not accomplish and their favorite part of hiking is the rock scrambles. So we had to take turns to the summit. So small dogs that can be carried up or incredibly agile dogs should do ok.
But it was by far worth it! One of the most beautiful views I've seen!

Great trail with awesome views of surrounding Whites and terrain below!
Starts off with a couple miles of railroad bed from the lot to the main trailhead to Bond and Bondcliff.
The trail is a consistent forest climb comprised of a few small bridges and stone stair sections with a couple cutbacks before bringing you to a small mellow rock scramble which breaks you into alpine terrain for the last section to the open alpine summit.
The flat railroad trail back out can be the toughest part after exhausting yourself so stash some extra water at the trailhead on the way in or pack accordingly. Either way nothing a few beers and a good meal back in Lincoln can't fix!

Personal favorite in my quest to finish the NH 48-4k list I'm about halfway through

immaculate views. great natural staircase. fun times!

This is a great hike. You can do it as a leisurely overnight trip or start early and go for broke. The trail starts at the Lincoln Woods parking lot. Make sure you cross the bridge on the left to start your hike. There are two trailheads the start here and they both follow the river for some ways. The 1st few miles follow an old rail bed which is nice and easy. After you cross the bridge it starts to climb. The last few miles gets steeper with the very last 100 yards scrambling over rocks. But the views are breathtaking. Well worth the effort. There is plenty of water along the trail so that's not an issue. This trail is my new favorite.

This is a spectacular trail. Definitely do it when you can. The ridge-line stretch is so beautiful and other-worldly, and the views are amazing. The rock-fields are fun, especially if you have proper hiking boots and can just hop across the tops. The trail is steep and a lot of work to go down (or up I'd imagine). Well worth the effort. This trail offers everything that backpacking is all about for me.