Black Mountain Trail

Black Mountain Trail is a 3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Woodsville, NH that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

3.0 miles 1964 feet Out & Back

old growth

Only met two people at the top. I went up the black mountain trail to the top and down. Difficult to find the trail head at first. Incredible views at the top

The views were great. It helped that it was a sunny day. My cousin and I hiked on Sunday Sept. 11, 2016, around 11 am. We only ran into 2 other hikers. The only criticism I have is that perhaps the Chippewa trail could have been better marked (some of the yellow marks on trees were fading). We took the Chippewa trail up and down. It's a little rocky in some places, but fun. We had a picnic lunch at the top, overlooking Killington and other ski areas in that range.

Right in my backyard! (basically) Fairly easy hike up this trail, did it with a buddy and his 5 year old daughter within 5-6 hours. Beautiful views in practically every direction. Not to be confused with The Chippewa Trail off Lime Kiln Road which is a much more rugged trail especially for beginners, though it offers more viewpoints. Great hike whichever way you choose to go! Don't forget to geocache too!

Beautiful sunset and mornings . Steep hike tho. ^_^