Black Cap Trail

Black Cap Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Conway, NH that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

One of the most popular short hikes in the White Mountains, this relatively easy hike is blazed in red and offers excellent views of the White Mountains and the Presidential Range. This Preserve is managed by The Nature Conservancy in New Hampshire, and is an excellent place for walking, hunting, and observing wildlife. Camping, fires or wheeled vehicles are not permitted on the preserve, and all dogs must be on a leash. For more information and a trail map, visit: www.nature.org/newhampshire/greenhills

enjoyed an early morning hike to the top.

Great hike! Steep assent toward the top but the view is worth it. Had the kids with us. 5yrs olds were good. The 3 yr olds had trouble and were carried much of the time. Would do it again.

Pretty easy hike, gets a bit steeper at the end. It was wet and a bit slippery near the top. Hiked it with an 8 yr old and made it out and back in about an hour.

I started at 7 am and reached the top by 7:30am. I was the first and only one up there at the summit and it was do beautiful. the fog was still in the valleys, but the sky was clear and I could see far in the distant for a picturesque view. very user friendly. took me 25 minutes to get down the trail

Hiked on 09/01/16.

This was my very first real hike and I certainly didn't think it was "easy," BUT, it isn't very long and the view at the top was spectacular! Most of it is very doable, but the last .3 or so is pretty steep. Wear decent footwear, the rocks look like they'll be very slick if they've gotten wet. It hadn't rained so they were dry for us. But I think I would have stumbled an awful lot if I didn't have my hiking boots on. I saw a few people struggling a bit in regular sneakers.

There were a bunch of children having no trouble with this trail, so I think it would be good for all levels. Like I said, my first hike ever and I completed it with a bare minimum of complaints. Beautiful, gorgeous views.

a very "user friendly" and enjoyable trail. It gets a little rocky up top, but that's half the fun! Great for the experienced and inexperienced. Overall, it's a 5* trail.

I am totally out of shape (wait, round is a shape right?), so i didn't think this was easy. It was rocky and a bit steep at times, but a great hike for all levels. The views at the top are spectacular!!

Worth every step !

Great hike ...wide trails..nice view...

Great trail for any skill level. We hiked this with our 15, 13, and 9 year old sons. Great view and open space at the top... A little slick at the top as there was a 15-20 minute rain shower.

This is a pretty easy hike. Great views from the top. I have taken a lot of people up here.

Fun hike, good for kids, amazing views at the top!

Lots of families hiking this trail on a sunny summer day. The views are truly incredible for such little effort. Trail is steep at times, but very doable. Took us an hour up and about 40 minutes down (and that was carrying a toddler) bring water and a snack for the top. Fun rocky summit to explore.

Great "bang for the buck," not a lot of effort for amazing views.

Great hike with rewarding views of surrounding mountains, including Mt. Washington. A bit more difficult than I imagined given the ratings and reviews. But kids ages 6 to 11 had no problem and enjoyed it! About 1 to 1.5 hours in and out. Fun car ride, too!

Nice easy trail with dogs and kids. 2 options to get to top (one less rocky). Great views at top.

Quick easy hike with the family. Has some nice views of the surrounding mountains. There was a few people at the top painting pictures of the view. Lot of traffic through there.

Very easy trail! Went up with a 3 and 4 year old and they did great.