Belknap Range Trail

Belknap Range Trail is a 5.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Gilford, NH that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hiked the BRT from the Gunstock parking lot. Summited at Mt. Rowe and continued through to Belknap Mountain, where we turned around and took the Brook Trail back to the parking lot.

Trails are very well marked and maintained and clean and pristine. Only saw one other person during those three hours.

Looking forward to hiking the whole BRT soon.

A quiet, back way up to Mount Major. Didn't pass anyone the whole way up. Very rocky.

Excellent hike, high level of difficulty but with a great view at the top. Very remote area, no one else on trail while we were hiking.

Hike was fantastic. If you're a hiker near Laconia you'll love this trail because it yields the same views as Mt. Major with little to no people on the trail. Only key points to highlight for this trail is you'll take a snowmobile trail for a portion as you start. There is a noticeable fork in the road, take this right up the hill, once you do trail starts to narrow. The blue trail that starts your real journey isn't very well marked. At a large bend in the trail you'll notice an opening to this trail on your right. Once at the top of the mountain you'll see a few cairins with different markings. Follow the purple, formerly red trail down the mountain to complete this loop.

Am I missing something here? I clicked on "directions" link above and plugged it into navigation - it took me to the parking lot down a dirt road, but once a few hundred years into the trail, and passing a peculiar Finnish "exhibit" in a clearing, there was no indication of where to go from there... I literally went down three different "trail" options and finally gave up as none panned out. WTF?!

Very steep on one side but moderate on the other side. It is around 7 miles loop.

Awesome trail system, great for training. Possibility to hit peak to peak trails from mt. Rowe to mt. Major

Good easy trail

Started at the Gunstock parking area and followed the white blazed Ridge trail to the Mt. Rowe summit, then continued on to the summit of Gunstock. Followed the yellow Brook trail then the white Saddle trail which leads to the Blue trail to the summit of Belknap. From there the white and yellow merge before the East Gilford trail (yellow) branches off and then leads to the red blazed Round Pond trail which leads back to the Gunstock parking area. Excellent 7 mile loop with outstanding views throughout the entire hike. Completed in just under 3hrs

Great hike with amazing views. We did Mount Mack and Anna. It was 7 miles total. We parked in the Hidden Vally parking lot. We found the trail by luck. No signs to point out were to start. It was difficult about a mile in. Steep rocks and ledges. Once on the trail it is marked very well. We came down on the Anna trail. It took about 3 1/2 hours.

My brother- in-lawe did a loop starting from Mt Major parking lot on 11 and completed 3 summits on the Quarry trail (Quarry, Rand, Kelm) and 4 on the Belknap Range Trail (Mack, Anna, So Straightback Mt, Major) It has an appropriate rating as difficult due to the length of the route. It ended up taking us 6.5 hours to traverse the 11.5 miles. I would recommend this hike because of it incredible views of the lake and northernly mountains. You still get great views even thought you are remaining fairly low in elevation.

I hiked the 5 peaks of the western range of the Belknap Mtns in about a 12 mile loop hike en-route to my Belknap Mountain Range hiking patch. These mountain summits were a little more well traveled than the 10 peaks of the interior range but none compared the the well traversed Mt Major trails. Again, I came across not one human during my travels. I was able to hike the entire 16 named peaks of the Belknap Mtn Range in complete and udder solitude. Rather odd but I enjoyed the experience. Don't pass up the opportunity to hike these trails!

My wife dropped my car off at Mount Major parking lot and she dropped me off at Gunstock mountain parking lot at 7 am, I hiked to Gunstock mountain to Belknap mountain (round pond tr. to overlook tr. with trail marks mostly non existant) to Mount Mack to Mount Klem to Mount Rand ( no sign or markings at trail junction for Quarry trail) to W. Quarry mountain to E. Quarry mountain ( Quarry trail had some fun scrambling places but can be dangerous if wet) to Straightback Mountain.

Carriage road takes you most of the way up the mountain. Park at the second gate. Take the steep green trail srtaight up and climb the fire tower for a great view. The yellow trail that leads to a nice overlook near the parking lot