Beaver Brook Trail

Beaver Brook Trail is a 3.3 mile point-to-point trail located near North Woodstock, NH that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

3.3 miles 3039 feet Point to Point

The trail to Mt. Moosilauke is about 4 mi. The first half, is really steep, climbing along a brook with waterfalls. On the way back, the descent is arguably harder.
The 2nd half of the trail is much easier.
The last 1/4 mi is above the treeline, windy and freezing cold.

Beaver Brook trail is awesome and arduous. I took this trail up mount moosilauki. Its plenty steep. It has lots of steps and handholds to help on the tough spots. Its a nearly continuos waterfall for 2 miles. It is not for inexperienced hikers. It is well worth every step.

Gorgeous challenging trail, it's actually one of the most difficult spots in the Appalachian trail. I wasn't prepared for how steep and difficult this was so I didn't complete it but am looking forward to going back and doing so in the future.

an amazing trail and very challenging....a must!!!

Trail was beautiful and challenging. I brought my yellow Labrador with me and probably won't do that again. Some parts of the trail are very difficult and Fido liked to get drinks from the waterfall often. I had visions of piper accidentally slipping down the falls. The dog did great but it was a little nerve racking at times. We only hiked up to the beaver creek shelter. We passed a couple hikers doing the AT. They started in Georgia and been on the trail for 4 months. In all the hike was great and the waterfall provided some beautiful views to look at during the climb.

Difficult hike because of the steepness.

Extremely difficult. Do not do this trail with dogs. Did it today with two athletic dogs and they were struggling. Very steep and slippery. Do not attempt in the rain. Descent is much harder. Ran into lots of experienced AT hikers but on a rainy day even they were having a hard time.

Very challenging trail up and down. We took it to the top of moosilauke. The falls are gorgeous! The view from moosilauke incredible

Very challenging hike. Bring bug spray and be prepared to do plenty of scrambling. The shelter is large, with a great view, has a few tent sites nearby and has a a stream nearby.
I personally would not attempt this trail if there was ice or snow.
Great views at the top of the mountain and most of the walk up is along waterfalls that could be a hiking destination on their own.
Pick a nice day, and do it.

An amazing day with my best friend! 7" of fresh snow, bluebird day, 35 degrees! Climbed without spikes up the snow covered gorgeous cascades climing the ladders and using handrails over the snowy terrain. Tagged Blue on the way, but could not located the canister. BEAUTIFUL up top and warm enough to take in the views. Spikes were helpful on the steep descent. LOVE THIS TRAIL!

Hiked this trail earlier today, first couple of miles were challenging but it slowly becomes more forgiving, great trail

Hiked up Beaver brook trail yesterday and It was absolutely beautiful and challenging the fist 1.9 miles but the cascading water falls running along the trail seem to ease the pain a bit. Once I reached the junction for the ridge train with 1.9 to go it really eased up and was a nice traverse the rest of the way. Then it opens up on the summit with amazing views.. I absolutely loved this hike.
I hike at a slow pace and it took me 4 hours to ascend and even though the first 1.9 of my descend only took me hour and 30 minutes the second half due to some tricky foot work was another 2 and 1/2 hours so for me taking time with the views and some breaks it was a 9 hour day and100% worth every step.

Just went their this past weekend. There was snow and ice almost from the start of the trail. It was a very challenging trail. I would love to go again minus the snow and ice.

Gorgeous, challenging trail up the side of the mountain beside a brook. Lots of cascades and steps attached to the sides of the rocks you're scaling. Good hand holds and everything is in good condition although the rocks are slippery if they're wet. We brought our two little dogs. One was fine with all the vertical but the older hitched a ride in my backback. The view at the top was well worth it. We headed down the AT going west/south and that trail wasn't as exciting.

this one is very tough but very rewarding. plan to do this early as it took us more time than planned. I don't recommend bringing dogs or kids.

Pretty tough trail but fun. You're definetly tired by the time you get to the top. So worth it!