Barlow Trail and Winslow Trail Loop

Barlow Trail and Winslow Trail Loop is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Wilmot, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Mount Kearsarge is a must-do hike for anyone living in the Kearsarge area. The summit has a fire tower (which is occasionally open to enter). The top is very exposed and offers 360 degree views.

A beautiful hike with dynamic terrain. We hiked during the early winter and had to deal with some tricky ice patches on the way up. Plus a steady wind at the summit that brings the temp down about 10 degrees. Great views. A few different trail options. Barlow was our choice today!

not in the right place according to your map but a great hike

Rocky is the best description for this loop - definitely. If you like rocks, you'll love it. If you don't like rocks - the view from the top is worth the rocks - do it anyway, it's short. Going down Winslow is dangerous for the clumsy (myself included), take poles to save yourself if you tend to fall sometimes without them (like me).

We hiked up and down the Barlow trail on a clear day in July. The Barlow has a steady incline and a few views towards the top before the summit. It is not too technical but there are the usual rocks and roots throughout. The summit has amazing 360 degree views! The fire tower was not open but it is not necessary for the great views. The summit has plenty of space to take a break and have lunch even if it is busy up there. We decided to go back down the Barlow so I can't speak to the Winslow trail. We will definitely be back!

I gave it 3 stars because of the difficulty of the trail and I am a novice hiker so this review won't be for everyone. It is described as moderate which is fine however there should definitely be a bit more clarification around the conditions. Took Barlow up which is 1.8 miles. The longer trail. So many very large roots and rocks. Lots of scenic points along the way however I found it difficult and word from people going down Winslow steeper going up but better ways to navigate terrain. After doing Barlow legs were crazy tired and then I took Winslow down and there some very rocky parts that are scary. My recommendation do the opposite of what I did today. Takes lots of water and enjoy the windy but beautiful view at the top.

Just look at the contour lines. It's gonna kick your butt.

Excellent workout! Moderate level with lots of steep steps in the rocky areas. Totally worth it when you get to the top.

Agree with the reviewer who stated that this is a difficult hike, much more than a "moderate." Views from the top worth it though!