White Rock Spring to Willow Spring Trail

White Rock Spring to Willow Spring Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, NV that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Las Vegas: Travel ten miles west along State Route 159. Once at the Red Rock Canyon Visitor Center turn northwest onto a paved road. Continue on the paved road until the Upper White Rock Springs parking lot.

It was good.

Good beginner trail to test out if it something you would want to further pursue

I've hiked around Red Rock quite a few times only because I live in Vegas and its the closest National Park for miles. It's not my favorite park. The trails are confusing, not well marked and easy to get lost in. This is one of the better marked trails but it crosses others trails so you have to be careful to stay on track. It's long with a minimal climb. I didn't see any wildlife but I've heard you can see bighorn sheep if you're lucky. It's okay and a nice break from Vegas but not my favorite.

The rock formations you hike by are interesting if your not from around Vegas! I hear there are better hikes but I enjoyed it while visiting from Northern California. I saw a taranchula Eating wasp which is fascinating looking.

By itself this hike is kinda boring, however joining it to another trail makes it worth the while. I like take the willow springs trail to the white rock/la madre trail. This makes a complete loop around the white rock.

They have an 11 mile loop option which was gorgeous! We got to see some big horn sheep. Great time of year to go out was out in March!