Water Canyon Trail

Water Canyon Trail is a 7.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Winnemucca, NV that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until November.

Thanks BLM! What a unique treasure. I actually had to return at sunrise, after visiting at sunset.

this is a beautiful Trail but it is not a loop it is up and back.

I wouldn't describe this trail as "hard" unless you are going up to the closed off mine shaft, as that has a stretch that is a bit difficult. There are two main trails here and it forks off pretty early. To the right is the trail that goes to the closed off mine shaft and has some decent views. To the left is, in my opinion, a better hike with a more gradual elevation climb and some shade for the summertime. I have yet to reach the end (hopefully soon!). Once I have done all the trails here, I will map them for AllTrails.

basically a ATV tail and for hikers followed 2 main trails both are out and back.

I love walking/hiking in water canyon. I take my dog an he just love's going up here.