Tom Cooke Trail

Tom Cooke Trail is a 3.9 mile loop trail located near Reno, NV and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

ice climbing

Tom Cooke can suck it. Decent trail.

nice easy trail with great views of Reno. lots of side trails. perfect for spending a couple hours outdoors without driving far

A good run!

an easy trail that is perfect for a quick afternoon trail that is close to town. The tunnel had no water but was nice to stand in the entrance and look to the light at the other end. I will be going back in the spring when it has water.

We did this trail two days ago and loved it so much that we did it the next day as well. It is a beautiful hike with some great views. Our pups loved it and so did we! I highly recommend checking it out. We will definitely be back to this trail next time we return to Reno!

Was a pretty easy hike, perfect for when you just want to enjoy the sun and talk with a friend.

Very steep in the beginning but overall a nice hike...took about 1 hour 15 minutes

Beautiful views after you get over the initial incline. My pup and I both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Not easy for beginners. It's rather steep at first, so if you are not used to hiking it will take some effort. Bring lots of water. There is no shade so wear sun block.

awesome trail...although it gets a bit difficult to follow with a lot of overlapping trails. I take the trail going to the left amd circling around adjacent to the subdivision at the end of the hike...that first part of the trail is steep. however, when you get to the ditch it levels out and is a very easy trail (and pretty)

great for a decent hike. my dog loved it too.

My dog and I love this place. Nice steep hills in the beginning and end, but flat up by steamboat ditch. You can go east or west on steamboat ditch since they have an access road right next to it. Lazy people leave their dog poop all over that road which is a bummer, but not too bad. You can walk from this trail east to hunter creek trail if you want a really long walk. Be careful with all the tall grass this time of year as there could be rattlesnakes and ticks, but that just in the beginning and end of the walk. Other than that I bring my dog here at least once a week and you can go anywhere from a 1 mile walk to 5 if you want. Nice safe place and it has a killer view of the river if you head east by steamboat ditch. It's at least 400 feet looking down to the river which makes for some pretty neat pictures.

Trail is great! The water flow was perfect! It kicked my friends ass in the beginning but I wore my "big girl panties" today so I was fine! Lol @Zamora

I enjoy this trail just the beginning kicked my ass. if you're going to starting hike just like me this is a good one

nice easy hike God for dogs and ages 6 and up only real up hill is at the beginning from there it's about a 3 mile hike next to the hole in the wall. it's not a marked path but just follow the water and you will get there no doubt. ps wear sun block little to no shade.

fun and interesting.

had a blast with my pup and wife. must see if you haven't already.

There is finally water at the Hole in the Wall!