Tahoe Rim Trail (TRT)

Tahoe Rim Trail (TRT) is a 172.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Incline Village, NV that features a lake. The trail is only recommended for very experienced adventurers offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

snowboarding

I went counter clockwise beginning at Mt Rose.
Made it to Tahoe City before jumping off and shuttling to Kingsbury Grade due to snow reports on Dick's Pass and Freel Pass.
I realized I started a week to soon for the snow to clear. Others were doing these sections with some difficulty.
This is the first trail I needed to be concerned about water. For me 2ltrs was not enough on the dry sections.

Did the whole TTR in 2012. Started at echo and it worked out great. Took 13 days.

Haven't completed the Tahoe Meadows to Spooner segment yet. I've been wandering around the whole section of the Carson Range between the Lake and Carson City-Carson City-Washoe Valley and Woodfords to I-80. I'll get it done eventually...

Yesterday I hiked a small part of the Rim Trail for a great view of the Lake. Drive 2.7 miles out of town on 267. The trail crosses the road there and goes uphill (East). Follow signs for the Spur Trail. A nice 1.5 mi uphill climb for a little side trip while you're in the area.

I have gone downhill from the trailhead there and found it less than thrilling...