Spooner Lake Trail

Spooner Lake Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Glenbrook, NV that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

skiing

Great for kids of all ages. Very serene. We were able to push our disabled daughter in her wheelchair along this path.

easy loop trail around Spooner Lake

Pretty trail with the leaves yellow. Steepest climb is to and from parking off of Hwy 50, otherwise around the lake is mostly level. Got a little muddy from melting snow that is recent.

One of the earlier reviews mentioned this trail was accessible by wheelchairs or strollers. I took that to mean that motorized scooters would also be accessible, and that is not really the case. It IS a nice little, easy trail around the lake, and very enjoyable. But there were four different places my Dad had to get off the scooter and I had to CARRY the thing over some rocks and roots. This would have been no problem if there was someone else with me to help, but doing it by myself was a pain. It also helped that my Dad had enough mobility to get past these obstacles himself, but just barely. Again, a nice hike, nice view, a pleasant way to spend an hour, and easy, but be aware that it is not scooter (or wheelchair) accessible.

Family hiking spot. Makes us very happy people

Nice Flat hike with beautiful views and meadows. Some nice memorial benches along the way.

Nice little trail

Relaxing, very easy except for getting back out to road, but that was a pleasant little sweat. Recommended!

Did this in the winter, and it's a perfect reason to buy snowshoes. We just used our snowboots, but the sinking gets a bit out of control. Can't wait to see it in spring or summer. Could tell there would be beautiful dogwoods.

Great day❤️

Beautiful day to snowshoei

This is a very easy jaunt through a variety of ecosystems surrounding Spooner lake. The trail is mostly flat and accommodates wheel chairs to strollers.

Great easy winter loop hike. The trail was packed out so it was pretty easy to hike. The hike was closer to 3 miles from the parking lot & back. Pros: parking lot, bathrooms, accessible, easy & low traffic tracked out trail. Cons: you can hear the highway from a few places on the hike. All in all a nice enjoyable winter hike, no show shoes required.

My first get out of town and hike since moving to Reno. It was a nice easy hike and a good way to get back into hiking. I had hoped to see more fall colors but had a good time

The aspen groves are lovely to hike through.

This is an easy trail that goes around Spooner Lake at Lake Tahoe Nevada State Park. I've hiked the loop a time or two, but this time I skiied it. Not the best conditions due to the lack of snow this year, but a pleasant outing nonetheless.

Great dirt trail for moderate mountain biking around the lake, or connecting to Tahoe Rim trails. Excellent bike rental at the General Store.