Soda Lake

Soda Lake is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fallon, NV that features hot springs. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

hot springs

Glad I found this spot! I will definitely return here for trail running, mountain biking, and just walking my dog. It has great views and the lake mirrors the sky! Take a 4 x 4 or higher vehicle as the roads in are bumpy desert roads. Remember to take sunscreen and water as there is not much shade along the loop.

This is a hidden gem. It's a little difficult to get out there but once you park there is a dirt road the runs the perimeter of the lake. I ran the perimeter and it was basically 3.2 miles. Very little elevation change but you are running on a dirt road so it's a little hard. There is another trail closer to the water but there were tons of bugs but a dog would love it! I also jumped in the water at the end which is clean and warm. It would be perfect for triathlon training! Well just the swim and the run. Bring a camelback!