North Oak Creek Trail

North Oak Creek Trail is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from October until May. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

The wildflower blooms and snowmelt filling the creeks in spring may only be surpassed by the winter beauty of ice and snow in the canyon. Fall colors are spectacular, thanks to the ash, aspens, and willows. Brilliant purples of the western redbud contrast sharply against the green pines, mahogany, and junipers when early summer/late spring takes hold.

What a place to see ..wow!! Amazing views beautiful scenery ..was an amazing day .trails can be hard to follow but everywhere u go is great so who cares!! Trail eventually just becomes the creek it seems ,so be ready to scramble some ..will be back

This trail is beautiful! You can access the canyon/trail from inside the Red Rock National Conservation Area or from Hwy 159 (if you don't want to pay to get into Red Rock, or the line at the entrance is too long).

As is pretty common for a trail in the desert mountains, there isn't much shade. If you go out here in the summer, you'll definitely want to be sure to apply sunscreen. The trail is pretty rocky, so be sure to watch your step - especially if you're not a super confident trail runner/hiker.

After a couple miles, you're treated to some gorgeous views, and if you go deep enough, you might be treated to some tiny waterfalls and pools.

Check out our video on YouTube that were shot along this trail:
youtu.be/Z5hZERlqyN8

Great hike. Easy walk. Great views and some wild life.

Great trail! I've seen plenty of wildlife and awesome views along this trail. I also went in the rain and saw awesome waterfalls.

To Elaine and others who take horses on walking trails...not to say that I wouldn't enjoy horseback riding! BUT when your horseback riding on WALKING - HIKING trails, sorry to say but the horse feces on the trails are horrible along with the many, many flies the feces attract. Just saying?? Something to think about the next time you go horseback riding and to maybe be conscience of those of us on foot.

Great hike with my nephew! We never made it to the creek but awesome trails through rocks, trees, and the canyon. Next time we're going even further!! And did I mention the beautiful views.

Just finished hiking and got a good workout. Nice place to go instead of gambling.... Lol. I ventured off trail and over some rock formations that were challenging and I was rewarded with views that were beautiful. I will definitely be back when I come back to vegas.