Mustang Ranch Trail

Mustang Ranch Trail is a 20 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Sparks, NV that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, road biking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

I really liked this hike primarily for the reason that there was no one else in sight when I went with my dog on a Wednesday afternoon, so nice and quiet. I only made it half way since although it's an easy trail it's very long and it'll still wear you out depending on how far you go.

Not recommended for road bikes! Beautiful trail, not too many people, along the river, well-kept path. But NOT road bike friendly.

Nice walk. Great for all levels. We only walked for 3 miles but will return soon. Don't recommend you bring little ones since there is not much to do for them (other than walking). Great for doggies. Bring lots of water.

Great hike easy flat. Make sure you go under the railroad tracks for parking.
Could see how this would be a good bike trial. Some sandy areas but over all great trail.
Warning coyotes are active around the area be care full with small dogs. Ran into somebody said he say pups.

This was a very nice, flat easy 6 mile hike along the Truckee River. We stopped at our 3 mile point and sat under a tree to have lunch and then headed back. Definitely doing this hike again. Looking forward to see everything in full bloom.

Very nice trail! Loved riding next to the river surrounded by wildlife. This was a very quiet trial. We didn't see any other bikers. 20 miles of trail riding with sand and rocks and twists, this was a challenging but very doable ride!