Lost Creek Grotto Trail

Lost Creek Grotto Trail is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, NV that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

old growth

Lovely short walk to seasonal waterfall & grotto, benches & viewing platform Although very short, this is a very pleasant hike. Almost the entire route lined with rocks so it is (almost) impossible to wander off the trail. After crossing the (normally dry) washbed, you enter the brush and vegetation. If you visit in the early spring (Mar - Apr), this area is filled with blooming Western Red Bud trees - which are brilliant fuchsia/pink and a real contrast to the other vegetation. Also, there is a band of burros which live in Willow Springs area and walk down the wash (which this trail crosses) every morning towards Icebox, and then work their way back up the wash at the end of the day -- if you go early and keep you eyes/ears open, you'll likely see the burros or hear them braying. Remember to not approach the burros and NEVER touch or feed them. There are benches and viewing platforms along this trail and interpretive signage helps visitors to be aware of what they're enjoying. Be sure and haul trash out. The waterfall is seasonal.

My 8 year old loved this- plan on going back when the waterfall is there. Easy to follow and you know when you hit the end.... can't go any further.

Nice and easy

Nice short hiking trail . Little rock climbing involved so I would rate it easy-moderate. Lots to see and walk thru. Ends in grotto area with a waterfall. I really enjoyed this hike.

Peaceful

This was my first hike in Nevada.

The trail is well marked and very easy up to the boardwalk, then the trail disappears and there is some rocks that some might find challenging. The trail past the boardwalk is also slightly overgrown when I was there so eye protection is a good idea.

There was a nice overhang along the way and that area was very moist and cool, I took a rest there. The climb took its toll on some people, but others should have no problems as the overgrowth and steep, cool walls keeps the heat down and the sun off your head.

The falls were just dripping but the grotto was nice. Being the main attraction, relaxing at the “falls” is not an option but there are many places to turn off and chill.

I did not see any dogs there: this was probably due to the heavier overgrowth towards the end that could catch and tangle dog leashes.

We are just starting out hiking and this was our first. And loved it! Lots of trails off this one to that we're fun.

Short hike with a lot of variety (and the smallest snails you'll never see!), especially when done as a loop with the Children's Discovery trail. The dead end with the falls is nice year around - cool in the summer and quite a bit of ice in some areas in the winter. There is a lot of off trail damage from people not respecting the area though - the park service is working hard to fix it with trail markers and rails - so make sure to stay on trail.

Did this short but so Great trail a few days ago and just loved it...Rock Steps to climb along the way...And lots of shade...There's even a few rocks to relax on for a snack if you bring the kids...

This was a spur of the moment, unplanned outing that was beautiful. I'm not a hiker, although I do hike but it's normally with my horse at the end of a long ride. We hiked about 3 miles of the trail and I didn't find what we did strenuous or difficult. Hiked in March and there was plenty of water in the creek.

Great short trail. Very easy to walk. Even my 6 lbs dachshund did great. Goes across 2 dry creeks and a nice boardwalk with a stream going under it. At the end is the waterfall (or trickle of water coming down). My kids spotted a cute little frog.

Very easy trail and short way to many people for me!!!

very easy walk on a strong boardwalk. lots of history, some wildlife, mostly birds, some good trails nearby that are slightly more difficult