La Madre Springs Trail

La Madre Springs Trail is a 3.6 mile out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Las Vegas: Travel ten miles west along State Route 159. Once at the Red Rock Canyon Visitor Center turn west onto a trail. Automobiles are along on the trail. Continue until Willow spring parking lot.

Trail wasn't bad at all, must go in the morning if you're looking to catch a big horn. I saw 8 mule deer but I'm from PA so not that exciting haha very peaceful hike and gives you the feeling that you're away from the main drive

The first part of the trail is a steady incline to the little spring. The stream had more water than I thought and once we hit it, we followed it off trail and found some amazing plants, frogs, and frog eggs. It was cooler by the spring so it was beautiful, even in the 90 degrees and heat of the May sun. I would love to hit this trail in the fall so I could explore even more of the stream into the hills.

We love Red Rocks for a winter hike.

For a gorgeous area this hike falls short... mostly man made rock path. Nice views but straight path with no real interesting characteristics. The only hike at Red Rock we have done so far that we would not repeat.

I thought this trail is boring. Half the trail it was just man made rocks to give hikers a trail. Thought the spring would be cool but you can barely call it is a spring. Very disappointing trail.