La Madre Springs Trail

La Madre Springs Trail is a 3.6 mile out and back trail located near Las Vegas, NV that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Las Vegas: Travel ten miles west along State Route 159. Once at the Red Rock Canyon Visitor Center turn west onto a trail. Automobiles are along on the trail. Continue until Willow spring parking lot.

The first part of the trail is a steady incline to the little spring. The stream had more water than I thought and once we hit it, we followed it off trail and found some amazing plants, frogs, and frog eggs. It was cooler by the spring so it was beautiful, even in the 90 degrees and heat of the May sun. I would love to hit this trail in the fall so I could explore even more of the stream into the hills.

We love Red Rocks for a winter hike.

For a gorgeous area this hike falls short... mostly man made rock path. Nice views but straight path with no real interesting characteristics. The only hike at Red Rock we have done so far that we would not repeat.

I thought this trail is boring. Half the trail it was just man made rocks to give hikers a trail. Thought the spring would be cool but you can barely call it is a spring. Very disappointing trail.

My wife and I did this trail and we did go above the spring , we liked it much more when we started climbing but we had gotten a late start and it was getting hot, too late in the afternoon so we came back, do it early in the
morning.

Talk about some serious serenity, an individual mental & physical race to the top!

The hike to the springs is uneventful - wide, level trail that is well-marked and passes two homestead sites. It did feel like there was plenty of elevation gain, but I never looked at a topo. If you only hiked to the springs then I can see how you would think the trail is ho-hum.

But the trail keeps going! You have to hop across the stream several times and the trail gets narrow, but it is very pretty back up in there and you can see lots of birds.

Average hike, don't expect anything exciting when you arrive at the spring.
Wasn't too had for a 3 mile round trip hike.
Wish we had researched it more, probably better hikes to do.

nice hike, beautiful desert flowers and landscape. lotsa sun so bring sunblock. an incline is a lil bit of a breather for it is steady path of gravel ending @ 5000 ft elevation. the spring is a nice lil place to have a sit and snack. we were joined by two blue belly lizzards. A nice reprieve but I had higher expectations still, worth the gander tho.

Did this as a short add on to the white rock loop. Great steady incline . I did not go past the dam, but after reading the reviews I am definitely heading pass the dam next time.