Keystone Canyon Trail

Keystone Canyon Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Reno, NV that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This trail is endless. So much fun! Amazing views of Reno. Bikers must check it out.
DO NOT BRING DOGS, or beware of rattle snakes (I uploaded a pic) it was scary!

Nice clean trail, pretty easy and in a good location. Not much elevation gain so it's a pretty easy run as well.

Don't walk your dog here after dark because there's an infestation of ground squirrels. They are everywhere at night and won't even get out of the way. My dog grabbed one and I got him to release it and the little bastard turned around and bit his tongue. Then we proceeded down the upper trail, that is very narrow and they were everywhere. He kept lunging at them since they were just inches off the trail. Dumb of me to go there when it was dark, but I did see two huge Owls, which was cool. Plus the view of downtown Reno at night is always cool to see. This place is real safe and a good place to hike during the daytime though. Beautiful area for a short and easy walk. My dog and I go there at least once a week. It's not 4.2 miles, more like 2.8.

Favorite hiking spot!

My dog seemed to love his adventure. 5.5miles is about his limit. The trail is easy under foot and no steep inclines. We chose a warm spring day which meant lots of mountain bikers sharing the trail. Some beautiful views of the city and mountains.

Easy trail, nice views, good for the dogs. We went on a Saturday in May, and there was a lot of traffic--mostly trail bikers--but it was a pleasant jaunt. My husband, who isn't a huge fan of hiking, enjoyed this one. No shade to speak of, so bring water!!

Nice out and back with porta-pot at start. Not alot of shade on this hike up through the canyon.

Tried this one a week ago. Nice views of Reno and the "R". Easy to fine and easy to hike. To shade sobering water. This also connects to the halo trail and the rancho San Raphael park trails.