Jones and Whites Creek Trail

Jones and Whites Creek Trail is a 10.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Reno, NV that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

Directions from Crystal Bay: Take Highway 431 (Mt. Rose Highway) north until the Galena Creek Rehional Park.

Amazing Trail Run

Awesome hike. Fun to veer off a bit and go to church's pond.

Wonderful loop. Easier if done counterclockwise, less steep.

this trail was a bit challenging at times but Absolutly doable. a few spots were steep but the challenge is mostly in endurance/distance. Absolutly gorgeous views through the whole loop. I went mid October and while there was some color change I am excited to try this gorgeous trail again in the spring!

Trail is easy to follow but markers get scarce for a bit. Beautiful hike!

Bring a friend for this hike! I did this hike by myself with my dog today for the first time and halfway through I completely lost service & got a little lost because I didn't know I had to cross the creek a few times! The view is beautiful at the top & the trail is shaded nicely. 10 miles gets a little lonely, but it is eerily beautiful.

Always beautiful & a great workout :~}

Love this area. Great views.

Great trail to hike, with a great scenic view once you reach the peak of the mountain. I recommend to begin the hike early even though the hike is mostly shaded but some parts put you directly in the sun for decent stretches. Even though the trail is difficult, the view at the top is well worth it.

2 ways to do this one. You can start at Galena and climb Church's knob. This climb is around 2000 feet over 3 miles. Or you could start at whites creek and climb the same elevation over 5 miles. I like putting in the hard work early, so I climb up the hill first. Dropping down the other side is almost mostly downhill and a very pleasant scenic walk. Took me about 4 hours to complete. Make sure you have enough water and be sure to enjoy scenery

Great!

Good hard hike.

Very good hike. Starts out next to Whites Creek which was very easy. Then the elevated portion up to the peek is moderate. Nice views on the Whites Creek side of both Mt Rose and Slide Mnt

It was very easy hike. Had a nice conversation with a gent does the hike regularly. This trail is perfect for a hike in the fall.

A little snow at the top. Did it clockwise. Next time counter....

Very nice Sierra hike. Went today. Checked with the visitor center. They said it would be snowpack blocked at the Church Lake Junction, and that the Church Lake spur would probably open for a short distance. He was exactly correct.

Great view from up there. Great workout for an aging flat-lander. Lots of parking. Trail was almost entirely mud-free. Definitely would like to do the entire loop some time.

Fairly easy hike. Did this one with my daughter and plan on doing this one again.

I have previously done this 10.7 mile loop in the clockwise direction, but today did it for the first time counter-clockwise. Though the clockwise is meant to be more difficult due to the steepness, I was actually much more tired with what is supposed to be the easier option! Going clockwise, the first 2 miles or so are extremely steep and tiring, but it is good to get that part out of the way while you have the most energy in my opinion, and then have the most difficult bit behind you quickly. The other way around is a more gradual, but continual, uphill ascent for 6-7 miles, so you never really get much of a break! Either way around, starting early is best, shortly after sunrise if possible, so that as much of the trail is shaded as possible. It makes a huge difference! From this point, I will only do this loop in the clockwise direction. It is well worth the effort, and one of my favorite places ever! I completed it in 3.5 hours today.