Jobs Peak

Jobs Peak is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gardnerville, NV that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from July until September.

4.4 miles 2011 feet Out & Back

rock climbing

We hiked Job's Peak as the third peak in the Tahoe Triple Crown which includes Freel Peak, Job's Peak and Job's sister. It was a crazy windy day with gusts over 50mph at Job's sister. The descent down the back side of Job's Sister was crazy sandy and very deep. We slid most of the way down. 12 miles in total. A GREAT way to spend the day, but would avoid a super windy day. For the most part, the trails were easy to follow. We have a full write up of all of the peaks at

Took my girlfriend for her 1st time my 3rd. Love doing this hike. We started from the back side off the forest service rd off hwy 89. 2.5 miles straight up. with the most fantastic beautiful views of the carson valley and lake tahoe.

I found this trail to be difficult going up, but the view was definitely worth it. The whole hike took us maybe 3 hours, if I am remembering correctly and was close enough for a lovely afternoon in the Potholes.

I've done this one twice in 4 years. From the base it is all uphill to the top2253 feet up.

Beautiful hike but not for the out of shape. 2 good hours of constant uphill hiking but worth it when you get to the top! Trail is very easy to follow. Coming down much quicker. Trailhead is not marked and navigating the forest service road that takes you in can be tricky.