Ice Box Canyon Trails

Ice Box Canyon Trails is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

One of the trails at Red Rock Canyon, NV. This is the trail 0.77 mile south of Lost Creek named Ice Box Canyon.

What a wonderful Adventure. What makes this hike hard is the fact that you're jumping from rock to rock and scrambling a good portion of it. The day that I went was just after a significant rainstorm. Water in the creek was flowing pretty good. I would have gone farther up the canyon, but I have to tell you, I was still a little afraid of flash flooding. I am definitely going to do this hike again very soon. Would highly recommend it

I have been twice. It was astonishing after rain in the winter (frozen fall) but rather short due to flooding. Early fall trip was much longer and more challenging.

This is a fun hike, especially during the summer because the rock canyon stays noticeably cooler than the surrounding desert. Lots of rock scrambling, but it's not a hard hike - more like easy to moderate, depending on your fitness.

Hiked this early January. The creek was full of water and the water at the end of the canyon was gorgeous! A ton of rock hoping involved that made this different from any trail I've completed. Plan to take the kids on this while still in season for the falls.

I love this trail for all the scrambling you have to do. There are a lot of big boulders to conquer. It's not too long of a hike but it's certainly an adventure.

Great hike! Lots of scrambling and adventuring. Not too far in distance but the end was unexpectedly beautiful! Very hard to take a picture that captures the depth of the end but well worth it and fun!

Awesome fairly short trail. Scenic and some great rock scrambling.

Pretty trail. Hike wasn't hard but it was rocky. Lots of boulders sharp rocks weren't easy for my dog. Overall a nice hike!

Love the boulder climbing! Very fun to get all the way to the top!

Brought my son and had a great time. Nice trail. Kind of crowded but we had a good time.
I only wished people cleaned up after their dogs!!