Hidden Valley County Park Trail

Hidden Valley County Park Trail is a 6.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Reno, NV that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The lower park trails are pretty well marked, but very flat and boring. If you're in decent shape, you have to go through the horse gate and up into the hills to appreciate this area. Once you go through the gate, the signs disappear, so you're on your own. The grades are pretty tough, partially because they're mostly loose gravel. I'd give it three stars, but the views from up in the hills are pretty amazing. Almost zero shade, so be prepared on hot days. Recommend insect spray for the biting flies in the warm months.

Great place to hike once you get up above the lower area. Also a great place to just sit and think looking out over the Reno valley.

Is good

This hike was very hard to start and many parts of the trail were very steep with a lot of loose gravel. I'm in shape, even fit, and I was sore and tired when I was done hiking today. The trail is not marked at all, which is kind of frustrating, but I had great internet service throughout so I pulled up this app multiple times to see where I was. There are a lot of trails throughout so it's easy to switch from one to the other. The views are amazing and the hike is worth it, but it's definitely a challenge.

Good leg workout on the steep climbs. Not superhard but with a good pace, it will be challenging.

Many trails to choose from, great views of Reno.

Interesting hike. Very exposed and hot during summer/mid day. Hiked up into the hills instead of staying around the park. Panoramic views of Reno and the surrounding valleys

Decided not to do the park loop and instead follow the trails up. Amazing views of almost all of Reno and up into the valleys. About a 4 mile hike round trip. A lot of loose rock at points but easy enough to get through.

I started hiking along the trail but then I decided to go up the mountain it turned into about a 6 mile hike it was fun

Not as long or with enough hills as I would have liked, but it was mostly peaceful and a pretty easy hike.

There were just a bunch of random trails so I picked one and it ended up being about a mile. I was hoping for a longer trail. Also, it was really flat. It would have been nice if there were signs telling what's what. Or maybe I just didn't see them. Watch out for snakes.

You definitely need to go up into the hills through the horse gates to get the most of this hike. I just followed the creek bed & took it a good 4-5 mile & it was pretty great. Just wish I brought my sled for the hike back down

Hidden Valley Park has five major trails with lengths ranging from 0.3 to 2.4 miles and typical grades ranging from 3.5 to 10.8%. The Highland loop is the most difficult, but it also has the best scenery and views. The Highland loop has sections of narrow trail with loose soil on steep cross slopes. I was glad I had my hiking poles.