Grimes Point Archaeological Area Trail

Grimes Point Archaeological Area Trail is a 1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Fallon, NV that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

In Fallon for work and this trail is just what I needed to get away and enjoy nature. Started at the main entrance but veered to the right to follow the other trail. It's about 1.5 miles mostly uphill. It's gradual and would be moderate walking but difficult running which is what I was attempting to do. The trails takes you to the top of some peaks that overlook NAS Fallon and you get so see the jets takeoff and land. Continue to follow the trail and it's about .5 miles downhill to the hidden cave. From the cave, I took to dirt road back home for 5 miles total loop. Bring a camelback!

The trail is kind of hard to see in the beginning but very easy to spot where you came from. Ended up taking the long route and starting from the main entrance of trail and coming out next to the hidden cave. It's a nice spot and has a nice bench at the end for you to sit and look out on the dried lake bed. The hike was in estimation would be close to 7 miles. But very nice and the dogs had a great time.

I like this trail. I went there last weekend and this morning and going there again in 3 days. lol
it's close to where I live and quiet, gives my 2 dogs and myself a good exercise! I also like the view it's something new and almost breath taking to me since I grow up in Tokyo. I haven't tried the hidden cave area yet but definitely will! 家の近所なので、犬の散歩兼エクササイズでよく行きます。盆地の中のトレイルを登り切ると荒野が見渡せます。私のような初心者向けです!

Amazing petroglyphs and it's an important cultural spot for the Paiute Indians of Nevada. It's a simple interpretive trail and the hike is easy. if you appreciate rock art it's hard to beat this site in both ease of access and in quality of petroglyphs.

Stopped here in 2006. Interesting place. It's kind of surreal to imagine ancient man living here when you have navy jets flying overhead. It's right across from the navy flight school.

Awesome place if you go to the hidden cave area. Lots of tufa overhangs to check out.

Nice petrogliphs, hike to the top of the mountain for some nice views. Little wildlife to be seen, can be very hot is summer, take precautions. nice stop to stretch legs, other that that, no reason to stop if you have seen other archaelogical areas in Nevada. This one is easy to find, thats about all.