First Creek Trail

First Creek Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, NV that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The hike is about a mile across the flat desert on a very wide and well-defined trail. Well before the mouth of the canyon when you get to the very first tree turn 90 degrees to your right and walk about 100ft to reach the hidden waterfall. There is a wide path to the top of the fall. Reaching the base of the waterfall requires some scrambling.

Very pretty and easy hike but anticlimactic.

it was nice doing this Trail with my dog I would definitely do it again

Beautiful views! The trail head was right by the parking area. The parking area has room for like 20 vehicles, so careful on the weekends. A quick in and out hike with well mark trail for the first mile or so, then it kinda got a little difficult to follow. The trail was rated for "dog friendly" how ever there are these little "cactus buds" in some areas. My german shepherd step on one. So just bring shoes for the dog, or have a first aid kit that's pet friendly. If I do this trail again, I will bring a garbage bag to pick up litter on the way back.

A nice easy trail ... bring the kids and the dog. The first mile is flat, wide and open. The trail narrows, elevates a bit and the rocks become larger. I went in the evening and saw some deer. The sun set and the last mile was after sunset and still easy and enjoyable.

This was a very easy hike, I went at sunset so I the weather was perfect. The only thing is that on the way down its hard to walk around the big rocks that are everywhere. It took me 2.5 hours but I was perfect for a weekday afternoon.

Easy to follow trail for the first mile, then it gets a little more unclear as where to continue. We made it 1.6 miles in and ended up turning around after that - wasn't sure where to find the waterfall but will go back in the cooler months to see if we can find it. Suggest long pants if you decide to head into the more 'forested' area - lots of thorny bushes, cactus, etc.

Nice flat trailhead. Go early morning or evening in Summer as there is no shade.
Good workout. Some medium rocky areas and Sandy parts.

super easy hike with beautiful creek at the end.

Used to love doing this trail when I got off work to wind down

The first half of this trail is on a gravel/large rock path. I tried following the map but the last 10% is really hard to navigate. There's no obvious path way - or maybe I took a wrong turn. Not too sure exactly. I would def do again and try to find the waterfall :)

Perfect toddler trail!!! This was exactly what we were looking for. Almost entirely flat (or else flat enough for a 21 month old to navigate). We brought an aluminum frame carrier and carried her most of the way but she walked/ran wildly the last mile (to give an idea of what might be doable with other similarly aged kids). Beautiful view the whole way, saw some burros. Really cool experience for the whole family.

Free trail off Blue Diamond near red rock. Easy trail with a reward of a nice creek at the top and a nice view. Loved the different vegetation and landscape as you got closer to the water. Get there early as the parking lot will fill up quick.

Fun!

Cool, nice and easy trail leading up to a seasonal waterfall.