Diamond Peak from Scenic Overlook, via North Flume Trail

Diamond Peak from Scenic Overlook, via North Flume Trail is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Incline Village, NV that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Looking for a flat yet scenic hike perfect for novice hikers and/or flat-land visitors? You'll love this historic hike. A flat hike along the Northern Flume, then a quick descent down the Diamond Peak ski resort. First half of hike is largely shaded with beautiful stream crossings. Second half of the hike has dynamite views down the Incline Creek drainage to Lake Tahoe. Also a brief optional out-and-back sojourn to more recent TV history.

We used the GPS and information sent to my phone via the app and never found the correct place to park. The Google Map indicated we hadn't gone far enough. The directions to the trail head told us we were 800 feet away approaching and then told us we were 1200 feet away and so on. Never found it. We did find a trail...but it wasn't the right one, apparently. I think the best way to describe how to find the start of the trail is to say the Lake Tahoe side as 431 curves around and if you are off by just a bit in where you start looking for the trail, you might do what we did. East of 431 will be on the side away from Tahoe. I have no doubt that this is a great trail for those who can find it and, frankly, I am not sure what was so difficult about it for us. There is an overlook looking at Lake Tahoe. Perhaps referencing that in the directions would be good as that is about the place where 431 horse-shoes back on itself. East of 431 after that overlook (with the big stone thing that has a bunch of plaques on it) is toward the Lake a bit. And not on the left side of 431, either...it is on the right as you head up the hill! If there are any suggestions for finding this location, I would welcome the chance to have a look again.