Corn Creek Nature Trail

Corn Creek Nature Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Las Vegas, NV that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Only 30 miles outside Vegas, only water around for miles. Water brings many animals to this location.

Drove all the way out to Corn Creek, and was very disappointed. I felt like I was at a small version of the Wetlands Park, with very few birds. The sign said that it was under construction to bring it back to its "natural"state; however, the pond was concrete, there were irrigation tubing throughout, like they are putting in a drip system with "planted" plants. Not very "natural" to me. I thought about driving to other sites in the area, hoping to see one of the old homesteads, but the sign for Alamo Road, said the road was closed, so...we went home.

My 4 yr old grandaughter and I had a nice time enjoying this little oasis in the middle of the desert. The trail is easy to find, the narrow creek made for some great adventures for my little hiking buddy. My only complaint is that the ponds would be more interesting if they were not so overgrown with reeds.

A great little nature walk, perfect for the kids.
They are doing a lot of work out there right now restoring the area and improving the pond and waterways that are fed by the creek so that the fish, frogs, crayfish and endangered fish have a nice, manageable place to thrive.

There's an old blacksmith shop, outbuildings and a specially build container that currently houses the endangered Pahrump Poolfish for preservation while they restore the pond.

Check it out now, it'll be fun, but make sure to come back when the restoration is finished because it'll be very beautiful!
Make sure that you sign in here when ever you do any activities in the DNWR, this helps keep it funded!