Calico Hills Trail

Calico Hills Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Las Vegas, Nevada that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Hell Hill serves as the warm up for this grueling summit ascent. The class 3 ridgeline scramble is worth every step. The Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area in Nevada is part of the National Landscape Conservation System. This area helps to preserve the large red rock formations and sandstone peaks known as the Keystone Thrust. Popular for hiking and rock climbing, the highest point is La Madre Mountain, at 8,154 feet (2,485 m). Note: Calico Hills is most often referred to as the grouping of colorful sandstone formations north of the entrance to the Scenic Loop Road. This includes the popular Calico Tanks trail and Redcap Peak.

This trailhead at Calico Vista 1 is closed for parking lot reconstruction until approximately January. if not earlier. No access from the Visitor center or Calico 1 to the entire trail. YOU'll have to access via Calico Vista 2 or in Red Springs Picnic area.

The Calico trails are fun and challenging hikes that reward you with a beautiful view of Las Vegas if you follow it all the way to Calico Tanks. I hiked this back in mid-summer when there wasn't much water in the pools and the heat was brutal. I easily drank my 4 liters of water. Definitely recommend solid hiking shoes/boots and optionally gloves for the small but frequent scrambles as you approach the high points. This is my favorite Red Rock hike, if I had to choose one.

All I can say is awesome

Beautiful scenery

Absolutely beautiful. Wouldn't hike it alone as there are some sketch scrambling spots. Definitely worth the view at the top.

Parked at Calico 1 and hiked down and to the right until couldn't go any further. Then went back to the left and hiked over to almost Calico 2 parking lot and back to our car. Lots of scrambling over rocks throughout - very beautiful rock formations. Plan to go back and hike from Calico 2 to Tanks. The map on this site is not where we went but followed the trail info from the park hiking guide.

This was an impromptu hike, but glad I explored here! The labyrinth was a pleasant surprise!

If u follow this one around to the east it will circle the Mnt with a bit of scrambling makes a better hike n often has wildlife.

Great views and optional rock scrambling.

I hiked all through Red Rock. I did the Calico 1 up to White Rock and then back down the visitor center and back to the Calico 1 parking lot. My calculations were around 12 miles. Besides the length it was fairly easy. Not a lot of elevation gains. Started out early and felt like I had the place to my self. By the time I was done...it was packed.