Buckskin Mountain Trail

Buckskin Mountain Trail is a 3.7 mile out and back trail located near Paradise Valley, NV that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and off road driving and is accessible from June until November.

off road driving

Continue along the FR 84 until you reach a sign that says Buckskin Mountain Loop.You can stop at Windy Gap to soak in the view and then either hike or ATV/4WD the rest of the way along the road. Buckskin mountain is actually quite colorful and on a clear day you could get some nice views!

You continue along the FR 84 until you reach a sign that says Buckshin Mountain Loop. I think it's more of an ATV trail than hiking trail though. We stopped at Windy Gap to soak in the view and then continued up to the loop. We drove up about 0.5 mile, parked, and hiked up the rest of the way along the road. Buckshin mountain is actually quite colorful and on a clear day you could get some nice views! I just gave it a 3/5 stars because it's more an ATV trail than a hiking trail.

off road driving

This trail was a nice ride not to bumpy considering I was in a 1ton truck (you can also take the hiking trail as well). The scenery was nice with climbs up the mountain side. I began my trip at the North end of the trail making my way though the trail. Towards the end of the trail there was an "Arch" in the side of the mountain to my surprise which made for a cool picture! There are many other side trails that you can take if you like but depending on your vehicle will be up to you whether to drive them or not. There was one trail next to the "Arch" (pictured) that was pretty steep and rocky that I began to attempt but had to reverse down the trail because it began to get really rocky and that wasn't something I was willing to take on in my truck (way to bumpy). Its very peaceful and quite on this trail so if you enjoy getting out in nature and away from the city this is a very nice trail to drive. I also saw some antelope along the way!