Bonanza Trail

Bonanza Trail is a 17 mile point-to-point trail located near Indian Springs, NV. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

17.0 miles 5400 feet Point to Point

I only hiked up to Bonanza Peak (10 mi round trip). I must say the beauty and surrounding near the top is spectacular. I would probably rate this trail as strenuous due to the high elevation and elevation gain.

I've backpacked this trail twice. Both times I started at Cold Creek trailhead and backpacked to Wood Spring the first day and then to the end of Bristlecone Trail at the LVSSR ski area parking lot the second day. (Requires shuttle car setup.)
The views are "Yosemite-like" and the hike, carrying 25 to 30 lbs. of gear, is strenuous at times for those who are in merely moderate physical condition.
*NOTE: Wood Spring is the ONLY source of water unless you go before Labor Day and melt snow from the remaining snow patches. Then you have enough water to allow you to climb nearby peaks and camp for several days. Otherwise carry 3 liters of water each day.

I enjoy doing this one overnight. If you have a hammock, bring it; There are a ton of great spots to set one up for the night. It does get cold at night, so bring some good gear. There's a little spring leaking from a PVC pipe about half way through the trail. That's about where I camp, and head back the next day. Good fun.