Scotts Bluff National Monument Trail

Scotts Bluff National Monument Trail is a 1.6 mile point-to-point trail located near Mitchell, NE that features a cave and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and scenic driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1.6 miles 597 feet Point to Point

scenic driving

cave

Excellent hike from the visitor's center to the top of Scott's Bluff.

Very beautiful area,. Great history and great views.

A good hike to the top. Good trail, the kids ran most of the way

Beautiful landmark of the Oregon Trail. Nice easy hike we took on a road trip to stretch our legs. Beautiful wild flowers!

I went out to west Nebraska this spring, May 2015; had a wonderful trip seeing 12 state parks in 5 days. I walked a portion of the trail at Scotts Bluff National Monument. It's part of the Oregon Trail traveled by the pioneers. It was great; I loved seeing all the beauty around me. The weather was perfect. I drove up through the tunnel and great view from the top. I would like to go back some day and see it again.

Really great hike up to the top of Scott's Bluff from the visitor's center. One of my favorite short day hikes I've ever done.

We hiked to the top and took the NPS shuttle down. Very well maintained, paved trail. Great view of the city of Gering below, mountains to the west. Not only was the trail a lot of fun, the site itself has wonderful and very knowledgeable staff.

Nice visitor center with lots of displays and information about the Oregon Trail. Also great photo op with covered wagons in front of the bluff near center. We drove to the top and hiked to the South Overlook and the North Overlook. Both were nice views and short trails.

scenic driving

A landmark on the Oregan Trail. Great for history buffs. A graded road climbs to the top of the bluffs.