Schramm Park National Recreation Trail

Schramm Park National Recreation Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Gretna, NE that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail system is one of interlocking loops. There is a short trail around the canyon ponds and picnic area that links to two loops that form a second nature trail and a back country trail. The total is about 3 miles. The canyon ponds trail is less than a mile and the short nature trail is about a mile long. All three have elevation changes that might be too much for small kids, but others should enjoy it. The trail loops are marked well at the intersections. There are adirondack shelters along the trail that would entice someone interested in a secluded spot. The picnic trail is labeled as such. If desired, following nature trail #1 back to the trailhead will avoid the picnic crowds. Close to the beginning of the trail is a suspension bridge. Several other bridges cross a small stream as the trail meanders back and forth. The stream falls over a series of slate layers creating a very pleasant sound. Lots of wildlife. Great for fall colors.

Nice & short. Somewhat of a rough trail for a 2 yr old, although she was able to manage the shorter of the 2 trails. Peaceful as you get up high, especially on the flatter parts of the trail. Keep an eye out for a Christmas tree.

Love, love, love taking my kids to Schramm! The trails are very well-kept and very easy to hike. Lots to explore and learn about!

This was a wonderful little trail. I did backwoods trail number 2, which was the longer of the two.

At times the trail wasn't marked the best, but it wasn't too hard to find the correct route. Trail number 1 was moderately trafficked, but number 2 only had a couple of runners, who helped with navigation.

Parking passes for the trail can be purchased at the little aquarium. This lets you park right next to the trailhead. I believe it was only about $5.

Trail number two wove through beautiful trees, past a cool meditation building, over a suspension bridge, past a little archery place, past a waterfowl display where you could feed ducks, and past a little fishing 'museum'.

It was beautiful. I went in September in the afternoon and the sun lit up a couple of pristine spider webs which was awesome. I saw a deer on my way in but not on the hike.

The only thing I wished I had brought was a better bug spray. The one I had did not have deet and I found myself power hiking to keep ahead of the mosquitos.

Very secluded and lots of wildlife!

Very intense, secluded with wilderness and forest. As a family we had an amazing time. Seen deer, birds, insects, turkeys, geese, ducks, and plenty of fish. I would recommend this park to anyone!

One of my favorite local trails so far. Heavily wooded...nice trail conditions, some wildlife...and some very cool bridges.

Awesome gem of a park for trail running! Winding trails, heavily wooded and spectacular view of the Platte River valley. Even on weekends there is little traffic. I run here quite often all year round.

Although this park is small, it's quiet and totally a family hangout place rather than a backpacking / hiking visit. I came for a picnic to celebrate Mothers day. This park has quite a bit of scenic views which really adds to it's enjoyment. It's a great visit and I'll go again soon to hit the trails. I'll update my review once I do that.

Schramm is a hidden gem, though small in scale its variety of scenic nooks and niches along trails 1 & 2 were wonderfully pleasant. Even passing time amongst the lower ponds can fill an entire afternoon just watching the abundant wild and pond life flourish around you (mostly geese, ducks, red squirrels, fish and turtles).

I liked it...the trails were in good shape, saw plenty of wildlife, and the suspension bridge was cool. Great place, there's lots to do there...the trails and the aquarium are my favorites.
The trails are great for mt. Bikes as well.

I did a figure 8 and completed both nature trails (1 and 2) in under an hour. The weather was nice and the trails were in good condition. Saw some wildlife and medium traffic on the trails. There are also fire pits and shelters along the path for picnicking or whatever suits your fancy. Overall, pretty decent.

Awesome little trail for biking. Great for beginners or just trying to stretch ur legs. All in all, I'd do it again.