Riverfront Trail

Riverfront Trail is a 7.8 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Omaha, NE that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

7.8 miles Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

Downsides: Pershing Drive carries a good deal of traffic for a 2-lane road Secluded Upsides: Ample parking in N.P. Dodge Park or Hummel Park Scenic rural feel on a gentle winding path Great view of the Mormon Bridge over the Missouri Restrooms and water available seasonally at N.P. Dodge Park Incredible views of Omahas Missouri River valley and the bluffs A 2-mile ride on the road north connects you with the Boyer Chute trail Activities at N.P. Dodge Park include camping, ball fields, a marina, soccer fields, playgrounds, a pavilion, and access to the Missouri River via boat ramps.

The positives: very scenic, fun trail with an opportunity for a great work out due to elevation. Little traffic. Saw 2 raccoons.
The negatives: too secluded - not for a solo woman. Empty trail next to a road with light traffic with woods and fields all around... I don't know... AND... The trail was poo central courtesy of dogs and raccoons. POO CENTRAL!

It was a great hike, great views and very natural. My kids had a blast on the hike!

The trail features wetlands, views of the river, several parks, and some ups and downs (as the sign says, some exceeding 9% grade). On my trek, I went as far south as the North Omaha Power Station and as far north as Deer Creek (at this point, the bridge on the bike path was blocked off; I could have continued by just biking on the road for 100 feet, but I needed an excuse to turn around). The trail passes by/through several parks including Hummel Park, Neale Woods Nature Center, and up toward Boyer Chute National Refuge. For the most part, the trail is separate from the road on its own path; however, there are small sections of the trail that are on the side of the road (North River Drive). I didn't think the ups and downs were too severe, I mean, just gear down and keep pedaling. The views of the river and the surrounding farm land were really nice. The further north you go, the more wetlands there are. There were lots of birds and I even saw some deer munching away in a field. When I have time for a longer ride, I'll do this again and see how far north the trail actually goes.