Platte River State Park Trails

Platte River State Park Trails is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Louisville, NE that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful park, great trail...pretty (little) waterfall, lots of bridges, and great views of the Platte River.

This was a solid trail to what I am told is Nebraska's biggest waterfall. It starts near some developed camp grounds to the left of the main park entrance and parking is $5, which can be purchased at the visitors center (to the right of the main entrance).

The trail wove through the forest, over several bridges, and went past a teepee. From there there were a number of different splits you could take, which mostly wasn't labeled. The bridges had signs which helped, but I found myself needing to back track at several points.

Bring bug spray. This wasn't the worst for mosquitos that I did but bug spray will definitely make your time more enjoyable. I did this hike in September and saw only one other family.

I was able to see some beautiful butterflies on this trail as well.

went for an hour before dark. nice trails and cant wait to go back for more

Small but beautiful, the falls are gorgeous. Moderately busy, but still worth it.

By far my favorite place to hike WITH DOGS in the Omaha area. The dogs loved it! Great waterfall area. Paths aren't congested. Nice options!

Great for the family! Fun little falls for the kids to play in.

This was an amazing hike!! Got to see a deer and some wild turkeys.

They had a pretty good trail. We had to pay $5 for parking though.

I hike from the waterfalls to Tee Pee village then back to the horse stables returning to the waterfall. After the waterfall I saw 4 other people until I was close to the stables. I shared the path with some horseback riders and refilled my camelback at the stables from the wellhead.

Beautiful area that makes you forget you are in Nebraska. We usually take the waterfall trail. The last time, my 6 year old and I bought water shoes and just took the shallow creek as our path, from the waterfall on. So much fun!

Very cute park! I hiked to the waterfall. It was not so impressive and pretty small but how many waterfalls are you going to see in NE? :) I went in May and the woods looked very jungle like. definitely pretty trails along a creek and with several sturdy bridges.

Nice hiking for Nebraska. Some hills.

Great hiking trail through a hilly wooded area. Hiked here several times winter and summer and enjoyed the lack of crowds.

great trail, offers a nice jogging path, then more of a dirt path and enjoyable hills to work your way up. I like the views, animals, yesterday I had 3 whitetail does watching me staying with my for awhile. I tend to see more people by the creek, after that its more enjoyable and isolated.

Had a blast out there, stumbled across what looked like a red tail deer, very cool to see one up close. Definitely was a little tough though getting through some of the trails, should've waited to do this one, since I hadn't gone hiking in a while

A great area to go hiking/walking with awesome views of the river, some elevation changes, and a good potential to see some animals! Only complaint I would have is that the trails/intersections were not well marked and with the trail map designed vaguely, it was easy to get lost.