Keystone Trail

Keystone Trail is a 20.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Omaha, NE that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Open all year 5am-11pm. This 27-mile concrete surface pathway runs between 88th & Fort Streets on the northwest side of Omaha south along the Little Papillion Creek to Cornhusker Highway, connecting to the Bellevue Loop Trail that continues to Haworth Park along the Missouri River.

Biked this trail from the trail head at Fort St. to where it splits into West Papio and Bellevue Loop trails in Papillion. The length is great. Good workout on a bike. Good maintenance. The reason for 3 stars - this is no scenic rout AND I would not bike it at all past Cass St. From Cass to pretty much the trail head at Fort it is just very VERY unpleasant. 1 star unpleasant.

just quit smoking 4 weeks ago. Wanted to get into shape so I started riding the bike. Been on this trail 4 times now. 3 times in the morning and once in the evening. longest time on the saddle was a 18 mile ride that took 65 minutes. Made me feel young again. Great time, Nothing like riding the street. not much of an incline. No cars to worry about. my goal is to spend the whole day out riding by the end of next summer.

great trail to get some time in the saddle and just spin. Pick your distance.

Great gateway through the city and to other trails

This is one of the only serious trail options for bikers in Omaha. The length is a feature on it's own, but it passes by a few main streets which are great locations to hunt down some lunch or snacks on your ride. I've only hit the trail a few times and in all of my experiences there were a lot of people on the trail, so ride carefully. Again, due to the length, bring lots of water.

I've rode this one twice. The first time with my wife down to about Harrison and the next time I rode it to the Bellevue loop. My wife liked that we could stop at Jones Bros. Cupcakes on the way back. Very flat easy ride.