Fontenelle Forest Trails

Fontenelle Forest Trails is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bellevue, NE that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

Walking the trails is an experience unlike any other in the Omaha metro area. Fontenelle Nature Association owns and manages 2,000 acres of conservation land and 26 miles of marked trails within Fontenelle Forest Nature Center in Bellevue and Neale Woods in Omaha.

Met some dears on my road, amazing!

Its the best hiking in the omaha area in my opinion. You can see decent wildlife too; I've seen Beavers on Stram trail and Bald Eagles near hidden lake. Dont go after it rains, thick mosquitos; moreso than other local trails

yes it costs money but i ended up getting the year membership. Just moved to omaha and tried several trails and this one is by far the best. They have a dozen trails that range from dirt, wood chip, to a very easy boardwalk that includes an area for kids as well. Very good scenery, quiet with lots of flowers/trees and overlooks the missouri river in several spots, i even came across a deer (doe) with two fawns eating grass right along the trail which was very neat. Will be returning and would highly recommend, you get your moneys worth, $10 a day but like I said I just got the year pass for $45 since they are open all year and i like the multiple trail options in one place

Kind of pricey at 9.50 a person. no pets

Kind of pricey

Not pet friendly at all. Will not allow your four legged children to hike with you.

Love the variety of hills and flat land. Extra challenging in the winter with ice and snow.

Great place to hike winter and summer. Hiked here dozens of times. Extensive boardwalk makes it a great place to stroll.

Was warned about this place before going but, I was a bit stubborn after not reading anything on this site about it so, I let me provide some info for all of you.
If you're thinking about Trail Running, forget it, they DON'T allow it. Also, you have to pay to use it, so don't waste your gas. Too bad, because this is so close to home. My search continues to find nice running trails in Omaha I guess :(

Love the trails at Fontenelle!

It is a beautiful trail replete with birds, deer and insects. A nice family let us use their Off. Thanks!

My family has done this hike quite often. Very easy terrain for any age. Some interesting wildlife but not really away from the city.

It has been almost 25 years since I've been in this park--but I spent a fair amount of time here back then. In fact, my husband asked me to marry him here! I remember it as a nice place with a variant terrain including some hills and a trail to the Missouri River. I know that I hiked more than the 1.8 miles listed for this trail--not sure if I've done the entire 26 listed in the description. It was a nice place close to the city of Omaha, but far enough into the wild to make it feel like an escape.

Went to Fontenelle Forest for a short hike. I enjoyed the hike very much with one exception - the mosquitoes. They seem to love me. Next time I'll remember to bring bug repellent. The forest was great and I really enjoyed all the scenery. I look forward to more hikes out there.

Trails were nice...something for everyone. They were marked well...nice views and lots of wildlife.