E T Mahoney Trails

E T Mahoney Trails is a 1.6 mile loop trail located near Ashland, NE that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Very nice hike in the start then slowly gets more overgrown. Did not know what way to go because it was to overgrown.

Pretty hike. Easy enough for small children.

This park has everything, but I would not recommend it for nature hiking. Still a great place to go on a nice day to get outdoors.

easy to nagivate, kid friendly, short, easy walk.

Very pretty hike for living in flat land Nebraska. Gives you great view of the Platte River.

Just did the loop around the park. A very easy and beautiful walk. Hope to eventually get all the smaller shorter trails walked.

Like it's cousin park, Platte River, the trails are a bit sporadic and short. Although the park itself is a bit more crowded than Platte River, the trails are not which make it a bit nicer of a walk in my opinion. Personally the popularity of the camp ground is a bit too much for me which is why I prefer Platte River State Park, just a few miles south.

Saturday March 15th, 2014 I had to get out and enjoy the weather. Went to Mahoney Park and walked on the trail below the lookout tower. Nice trail through the brush and trees above the river. Although it wasn’t flat land the hike was not difficult. I’m looking forward to new life springing up from the dead ground. In the blink of any eye the temperature dropped and the wind picked up speed bringing the cold front.

Nice hike! Very scenic, lots of wildlife, and the trails are well maintained.
Theres also a ton of other stuff to do.

Fun family hike! Tons of wildlife, great river view as well.

There's deffinatly some good riding, but is very unkept. Fast drops steep climbs. All in all, it ok. Bout 2 hrs of riding. Tons of wild life!!!!

We saw lots of baby deer. Great views of the river too. Our son really enjoyed this hike. We climbed the tower during our loop back to the Lodge. Very easy hike for the family.