Wild Bill Lake Loop

Wild Bill Lake Loop is a 0.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Red Lodge, MT that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and fishing and is accessible from May until October.

This is a great hike for families with young children or for elderly folks who want to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Not only are their beautiful views, but the trail is quite short and very well maintained. This is a great hike for families with young children or for elderly folks who want to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Not only are their beautiful views, but the trail is quite short and very well maintained.

To short

The trail was very crowded. I would not choose to go back to this spot.

Busy trail- really easy, not much of a hike, just an easy walk around the lake.

This is not a trail you want to do during the summer if you are looking for peace and serenity. Great family trail and fishing with the kids. Numerous wild flowers and overall very pretty. Just too crowded.

Even though I been to Red Lodge several times over the years because my parents have a summer home just down the road from Wild Bill Lake, I only bothered to visit this place once. I've been on plenty of other short hikes that possessed a rewarding element about the area, but Wild Bill Lake failed do much for me, or my husband. Perhaps, for a hiking destination, we seek out something that doesn't just feel like a typical stroll in a city park. Yes, it was pretty out there, but I wouldn't recommend going too far out of your way. Although, if you are in Red Lodge for other reasons and want a brief outing, then Wild Bill Lake would be a pleasant diversion.

My wife and I (along with some family and friends) hiked this trail in mid-April. There was a fresh coat of fallen snow, but the trail was very well maintained. Very close to Red Lodge, this short, but beautiful trail would provide a nice after-dinner walk. If you're looking for a long, challenging, and adventurous hike, I would suggest passing this trail up.