Truman Gulch Trail

Truman Gulch Trail is a 4.3 mile out and back trail located near Belgrade, MT that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice early fall hike with my dog. A couple of very loud dirt bikes that upset the serene setting and scared my pup. other than that it's a great hike. Bring the beat spray. A black bear ran across the path up ahead of me on my way down.

Right now there's too much snow to find the trail, it's just too deep, if you want to keep going you need snowshoes or a horse.

I have hiked this trail a couple times so far. There is variety...smooth wide dirt/pine needle path, narrow sections in the weeds (wouldn't hurt to cut them back a bit), a few little streams, shale rock, tree roots/larger rocks, varying incline. There are good, obvious spots to pause. There isn't much for a view/scenery along the way in terms of looking out over the mountains. It clears in a couple of spots where you can see the mountain tops around you. I saw birds, butterflies, chipmunks, a snake, wildflowers. Oh, when you're in the parking lot - there is the main trail head with a sign, and a separate unmarked trail to the left of that. I took the unmarked one. I don't recommend it. It turns in to a goat trail, passes through a barbed wire fence & ultimately I ended up coming down and getting back on the main trail anyway because of the lack of a trail/how steep it got. Not sure who/why that second path was started.

Very fun, lots of loose rock on trail and very narrow in spots, but still s nice run.

I enjoyed it so much! Inclines going up, but coming down was a breeze!

This trail was not my favorite. It is not very steep, which is fine. But most of the trail you're in the middle of this Gulch and you can't really see anything on either side of you. It does come out into a beautiful scenic Valley that almost made the trip worthwhile.

Popular with mountain bikers.

Very pretty and easy. Saw a lot of mountain bikers and the trail is narrow at parts so be aware of that. Lots of streams for the dogs to drink from.

This was a beautiful trail. Going in it's a steady climb but not too difficult. Lots of little streams trickling down from the mountain. Most of it is forest but you can see open hills to the sides and on top, beautiful snow covered mountain tops. I took both of my dogs and they liked it too!